Software Engineer (Backend/DevOps)
Marcel De Jong
|Inlichtingen bij:||Marcel De Jong|
Former Start-up of the year finalist Semiotic Labs is now a fast growing scale-up based in Leiden. We serve a broad range of industries with our latest innovation SAM4, a predictive maintenance solution that leverages machine learning algorithms and IoT-sensors to detect upcoming failures of critical assets up to months in advance. Clients such as Vopak, Schiphol, Nouryon, and ArcelorMittal use SAM4 to prevent unplanned downtime, prioritise maintenance tasks and reduce energy waste.
We are looking for Software Engineer (Backend) to join our experienced team and help us to achieve this ambition. Your job is to develop and manage our backend systems, running on the cloud
- Working on the Backend systems (maintaining and expanding them)
- Expanding our serverless architecture
- improving the CI/CD delivery pipelines
- managing AWS infrastructure, using Terraform
- Further automating and supporting our cloud infrastructre
- That’s why you take writing great code seriously
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or a related field and 5+ years of experience in software engineering
Python/Java, Linux (preferably Ubuntu Core), AWS (or other cloud providers), Docker/Kubernetes, Terraform (or Ansible/Chef/Puppet), PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Git
Please note that we only hire people with an EU passport, have eligibility to work in, or are already a highly skilled migrant in the Netherlands.
- A role where you will have both freedom in your day to day work, to try out your own ideas, but also challenges to keep you learning;
- Salary range 65-85K, gross per year, including holliday allowance.
- A scale-up (25 fte) with a result-driven and flexible culture.
- Spacious office at Leiden CS.