Senior Backend Developer
Marcel De Jong
|Inlichtingen bij:||Marcel De Jong|
Imagine you can help and empower caregivers and their patients with (complex) chronic diseases through technology. Join DEARhealth as a Backend Developer with at least 5 years of experience with AWS and Python.
As Senior Backend Developer you will re-build useful functionalities from the demo version in a completely new, cloud-based, scalable UI, with new architecture and new technology in the backend.
How you’ll fit in
The right attitude would be to help us steer and pioneer into a new world of data-driven healthcare. You will succeed and grow in this job at DEARhealth if you:
- are strong in OOP with Python and frameworks like Django, Flask, Bottle
- value clean code and open communication
- are familiar with common AWS services like Lambda and DynamoDB or similar services from other cloud providers
- enjoy close collaboration and pair programming
- are experienced and eager to work with serverless microservices and CQRS
- have written and understand CloudFormation or TerraForm scripts
- are able to write and optimize SQL queries.
Please note that all communication will be in English on a professional level.
Compensation & Benefits
This job would be ideal for a full-time Backend developer, but anything between 32-40 hours a week is possible.
- 70k-80k gross per year (full-time), including 8% holiday allowance
- employee equity plan, the latest MacBook Pro and a budget for peripherals
- employment contract for 1 year (after 10 months evaluation for permanent employment)
- Outside of meetings and standups, engineers are flexible to distribute their working hours throughout the week
- Life-after-lockdown will remain flexible and we’ll continue to work from home part of the time
- We allow team members to spend 10% of their time on personal development, e.g. by following courses or doing side-projects.
About the team
We currently have one team maintaining the demo in a pilot environment. In a second team with a Lead Engineer, a Product Owner, a QA Engineer, another Backend Engineer, a Frontend Engineer, a Mobile Developer and an Integration Engineer, you will re-build useful functionalities from the demo version in a completely new, cloud-based, scalable UI, with new architecture and new technology in the backend.
DEARhealth is a strongly purpose-driven MedTech SaaS startup based in Amsterdam (Netherlands) and Los Angeles (USA). Through our serverless microservices architecture in Python, we provide clinical decision support for medical doctors and nurses based on the latest medical research.
Together with our recruiter Marcel, you will check if you match with this vacancy through a phone call. Followed by one cultural and one technical interview, before you can expect an outline of our job offer to you. If required for you as an expat, DEARhealth can help you take care of a TWV.