Marcel De Jong
|Inlichtingen bij:||Marcel De Jong|
How would you feel about enabling patients to manage their chronic diseases and help them learn more about their medical conditions through our mobile apps? Get your groove on if you have a degree in computer science and at least 3 years of experience with building native Swift iOS or Kotlin Android apps.
Your job as a senior Mobile Developer
You will be responsible for the development of both the iOS app and the Android app by adding new features that you build, test, and deploy. Examples of upcoming features you’ll be working on:
- health scores
- chat functionality
We would love you to suggest new features and technology and to share your ideas for improving current features. Refactoring to increase scalability and maintainability will be part of the job. Managing both apps, up until uploading them to the App Store and Google Play Store (of course including some troubleshooting), will be your responsibility. Both apps are in production and actively being used by patients.
about the team
You will get to work with a multidisciplinary team with Backend Engineers, a Frontend developer, a QA Engineer, and others. Your challenge could be to proactively go get whatever info you’re lacking to do your work. Never be afraid to ask, especially as working remotely has become the standard, also post-covid.
What do you need
We currently work with a DevOps approach (we use BitRise) to set up a pipeline for mobile applications. It’s important that you:
- Are experienced with Swift and Kotlin, at least well-seasoned in either one of them
- Value clean code and open communication
- Enjoy close, multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Have experience with writing automated unit tests, end-to-end tests, and UI tests
- Work with Git like a stroll in the park.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with design patterns such as MVP, MVVM (Data binding)
- Have used GitLab and Jira
- Have experience with working efficiently remotely
- Have a Java-background.
What’s in it for you
We offer an exciting and modern stack to work on. This job would be ideal for a full-time Mobile Developer, but 32h/w would be the minimum.
- 60k-70k gross per year (full-time), including 8% holiday allowance
- employee equity plan, the latest MacBook Pro, and a budget for peripherals
- employment contract for 1 year (after 10 months evaluation for permanent employment)
- We keep the number of meetings and standups to a minimum, so you can be flexible to distribute your working hours throughout the week
- Life-after-lockdown will remain flexible and we’ll continue to work from home part of the time
- We allow team members to spend 10% of their time on personal development, e.g. by following courses or doing side-projects.