Software Engineer (full stack)
Marcel De Jong
|Inlichtingen bij:||Marcel De Jong|
We are looking for a Software Engineer, with a love of frontend development, to join our team and help us achieve our global ambition.
As a Software Engineer, you will be an addition to a senior and highly skilled team of 4 software engineers. Everybody in the team is working on multiple tasks and takes writing great code seriously, from requirement analysis to production.
What you’ll do:
Design, build and enhance complex web applications both on the frontend and the backend, linked to massive data streams. Of course you will build with scale & reliability in mind.
Next to this you will also build functional APIs to help us expose our services, work on automation and review other developer’s code according to the team’s standards
Depending on your knowledge and experience there will also be possibilities to perform other tasks, like
- signal processing for metrics calculation;
- development of our infrastructure and backend systems;
- management and evolution of our IoT fleet.
As a Software Engineer (full stack) you’ll have:
- a computer science background or domain related background like electrical, mechanical engineering or physics;
- minimum 3 years of relevant professional development experience.
As a Software Engineer you have experience in working with the following technologies:
- Python or Java.
A plus is experience or interest in:
- AWS (or similar);
- Relational and non-relational databases (e.g. Postgres and
- Docker, Terraform or Jenkins
Our offer to you
- Joining a highly skilled team that is passionate about IoT, machine learning, data science and software engineering;
- Market competitive salary;
- A culture that is both result-driven and flexible.
About Semiotic Labs
Electric motors are the workhorses of modern industry. We predict if, when and why they fail: At Semiotic Labs, our mission is to eliminate unplanned downtime due to electric motor failure.
To that end, we apply state of the art machine learning to analyze data from our proprietary sensors. We are working with some of the largest companies in the Netherlands, and our client base is growing rapidly. We’re currently scaling up from several hundred systems to many thousands.