Electrical Lead Engineer
Marcel De Jong
|Inlichtingen bij:||Marcel De Jong|
The Electrical Lead Engineer will work primarily with the application engineering team to understand customer product requirements and determine the optimum system architecture solution.
Electrical Lead Engineer
The Electrical Lead Engineer will work primarily with the application engineering team to understand customer product requirements and determine the optimum system architecture solution. The Electrical Lead Engineer will then create the systemblock diagrams. The Electrical Lead Engineer will take ownership of transforming the system block diagrams into detailed electrical schematics and creating the electrical BOM. These preliminary BOM’s will be used for electrical costing in order to respond to customer RFQ’s. In addition to RFQ activities you will interface with the global product development teams (EE, ME and SW) to assist in system bring up and interoperability troubleshooting efforts.
The Electrical Lead Engineer will mainly work from our office in Enschede. The Electrical Lead Engineer operates in a cross functional team and reports to the Sr. Staff Engineering Manager in the USA with daily tasks coming from the business team in Europe
- In depth understanding of microprocessor architecture, memory devices, display technologies (color LCD etc), interface technologies (USB, UART, SPI, I2C), switching power control circuitry, sensors (accelerometers and gyroscopes), IR (infra-red) and analog design.
- Familiar with lab equipment such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, function generator, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, etc.
- Familiar with wireless design including ASK, FSK, Wi-Fi, RF4CE, ZigBee, iControl, and Bluetooth/BLE technologies.
Additional preferred requirements
- BSEE / MSEE / Ph. D. with multiple years of experience
- Knowledge of products from the system architecture level through component level design
- Broad background in product development from concept through development into high volume production
- Working knowledge of common computer tools including MS Office, Excel, Power Point, and ECAD tools such as Schematic Capture, and PCB layout tools.
- As Electrical Lead Engineer it is a plus to have familiarity with Linux operating system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, collaborative skills, crossfunctional interface skills, analytical skills and problem solving capabilities are essential.
- Ability to effectively present technical concepts, ideas and information in terms that both engineers and non-engineers can understand.
Be part of a Team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, Engineers and Designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop one’s self and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization.
About Universal Electronics Inc.
Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ: UEIC) is the worldwide leader in universal control and sensing technologies for the smart home. UEI deliver products (hardware and software) to the world’s leading brands in the audio video, subscription broadcasting, connected home, tablet and smart phone markets. With a global network of design and development services, UEI’s many first-to-market innovations have helped transform the home entertainment control industry over the past 25 years.
Getting enthusiastic about the vacancy Electrical Lead Engineer at Universal Electronics in Enschede? Apply directly by filling in the application form at the right of your screen. Please contact Marcel de Jong at phone number +31 20 612 00 81 if you have any questions regarding this vacancy.