Software Engineer (IoT)
Marcel De Jong
|Inlichtingen bij:||Marcel De Jong|
Electric motors and rotating equipment are the workhorses of modern industry. At Semiotic Labs they predict when and why they fail, so their clients can perform maintenance before failure leads to unplanned downtime. To this end they have developed SAM4 – a state-of-the-art condition monitoring service that applies machine learning to analyse data from their IoT sensors.
Their clients have been highly successful using SAM4, so they are scaling up their edge operations. To make this happen they are looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for IoT and Devops to help them build a resilient, secure, and efficient IoT platform.
What you will do
- You and your colleagues are responsible for developing the software that runs on their IoT gateways in the field, and making sure everything runs smoothly. As their clients put their trust in SAM4, their devices need to be highly available.
- They have got plenty of ideas on how to make SAM4 even more valuable to their clients. Many of those involve the software that runs on their devices. You will be responsible for making those ideas reality.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Java/Python (multiple languages is a plus)
- Good knowledge of Linux (preferably Ubuntu Core)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience working with IoT devices, especially testing new hardware and software releases from vendors
- Understanding of security in distributed systems is a big plus
Their offer to you
- A role where you will have both freedom in your day to day work, to try out your own ideas, but also challenges to keep you learning;
- Market competitive salary;
- A scale-up (24 fte) with a result-driven and flexible culture.
- Spacious office at Leiden CS.
Please note that Semiotic Labs only hires people with an EU passport, have eligibility to work in, or are already a highly skilled migrant in the Netherlands.
(Semiotic Labs does not sponsor VISA / permits at this moment in time)