Marcel De Jong
|Inlichtingen bij:||Marcel De Jong|
The position of Legal Counsel is newly created within Semiotic Labs. The workload entails a broad area of legal responsibilities, challenging you to grow with Semiotic Labs.
You will be working autonomously, directly with Semiotic Labs’ management and departments, providing legal advice on all aspects of the company’s day-to-day operations. This includes a strong focus on reviewing, drafting and negotiating various international commercial (ICT related) contracts.
Next to this your workload will amongst others consist of:
- managing the global expansion of Semiotic Labs and setting up and maintaining the group structure
- safeguarding Semiotic Labs’ IP rights
- managing Semiotic Labs’ insurance policies and claims
- constantly maintaining and updating Semiotic Labs’ contract management system and on the basis of its output, initiate appropriate action with relevant stakeholders
- handling employment related issues
As our legal counsel you have at least 4 years of working experience, e.g. 3 years at a law firm (most likely focussed on corporate law and/or ICT), ideally followed with some working experience as a counsel in a legal department of a (tech) company. Of course you have experience or proven affinity with ICT.
Skills & personality:
- Our Legal Counsel should be fluent in English and Dutch
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
- able to work autonomously
- a challenging position for 24 to 32 hours a week
- You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with (international) top-tier clients
- You will be joining a (highly educated) team that is passionate about technology and its applications in industry
- A competitive salary
Former Start-up of the year finalist Semiotic Labs is now a fast-growing scale-up based in Leiden. We serve a broad range of industries with SAM4, a predictive maintenance solution that leverages machine learning algorithms and IoT-sensors to detect upcoming failures of critical assets up to months in advance. Clients such as Vopak, Schiphol, Nouryon, and ArcelorMittal use SAM4 to prevent unplanned downtime, prioritise maintenance tasks and reduce energy waste.