Software Engineering Manager
Marcel De Jong
|Inlichtingen bij:||Marcel De Jong|
Universal Electronics (UEI) is an innovative world leader in sense and control technology for the smart home. Our vision is beyond the connected home, a smarter home where technology is our friend.
UEI’s embedded software, hardware and cloud services provide intelligence to seamlessly control and interact with an expanding list of home entertainment and smart home electronics. We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments.
Software Engineering Manager
As Software Engineering Manager you will manage the EMEA software and data engineering group (6p) and lead them in the next era where we expand our activities into the Smart Home domain – Create Smarter Living.
The Global Software R&D team is focused on next generation control & connectivity platforms within the home ecosystem. As a member of this global team you will be involved in every aspect of design and implementation efforts (embedded software development, customer integration, proof of concept, data analytics and insights, field tests and data capture). You are responsible for leading a cross functional team of embedded software developers, and data analysts in the day to day activities of new research & development in collaboration with the global team, and ongoing product and customer support needs for the region. The role will help in translating customer needs into guidelines for the development of roadmap in order to create unique data-driven product offerings.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Engage with strategic customers to define highly optimized solutions, managing the full SDLC of the software product offering.
- Drive multiple designs from concept through realization (hands on in every aspect of the process).
- As per the requirements from the global product team, expand strategical data and software assets through a combination of in-field data development, research and market outreach.
- Manage Engineering and Project/Product Management, Sprint planning, etc.
- Assist sales in translating product and software specifications.
- Give support to advanced product RFQs.
- Train global Application Engineering team on technology solutions.
- Self-motivated & a Leader, Innovative and a passion for results.
- Bachelor in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent and multiple years of experience (MSc or PhD preferred).
- Have built and lead high performance agile development teams.
- Experience in or knowledge of Embedded Linux Systems & Wireless Communications, Android, iOS, C/C++, Human-Machine Interactions, etc.
- Experience with cloud service integration with embedded systems, data analytics, data visualization tools.
- Knowledge of Integration with cloud services and Restful APIs, AI systems and machine learning is a plus.
- Experience with video delivery and/or smart home technologies and products.
- Full product life-cycle ownership from concept to production for internal product concepts to external customer-driven designs.
- Experience with wireless communication standards, e.g. Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart, Zigbee, Thread, Wi-Fi.
- Willingness to travel internationally (20%).
Experience in following areas a strong plus:
- IoT Landscape and relevant technologies.
- Algorithm Development, Optimization, Wireless Communication Protocols, Virtual Machine, Compression, Image processing, Voice Recognition.
- Infrared, Z-Wave, Zigbee, RF4CE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, IPv6, TCP, UDP, HTTP, 6lowPAN, HDMI, CEC, EDID, OCAP, UPnP, DLNA, IPTV, connected TV.
Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ: UEIC) is the worldwide leader in universal control and sensing technologies for the smart home. UEI deliver products (hardware and software) to the world’s leading brands in the audio video, subscription broadcasting, connected home, tablet and smart phone markets. With a global network of design and development services, UEI’s many first-to-market innovations have helped transform the home entertainment control industry over the past 25 years.
As Software Engineering Manager – you are part of a global organization – a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, engineers and designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges. UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow throughout the global organization.
Getting enthusiastic about the vacancy Software Engineering Manager at Universal Electronics in Enschede? Apply directly by filling in the application form at the right of your screen. Please contact Marcel de Jong at phone number +31 20 612 00 81 if you have any questions regarding this vacancy.