DevOps Automation Engineer
Marcel De Jong
|Inlichtingen bij:||Marcel De Jong|
You build it, you run it. You break it, you fix it.
As Automation Engineer (DevOps is a culture, not a role) at Forcare, a Philips company, you will be an essential part of one of our Squad teams in Zeist. Working with the Spotify model you will form a DevOps Chapter with 3 other talented Automation Engineers. You will help to optimize, stabilize, and automate our existing infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines, as well as creating new infrastructure and pipelines as we expand our product. You’re a bridge builder between technical innovation and functional use. You will be the advocate of new (automation) techniques.
Your tasks will be to:
- Design, deploy and automate deployment pipelines.
- Implement scalable logging and infrastructure monitoring solutions.
- Provide guidance about orchestration, micro service design, container workloads and system monitoring tools.
- Monitor and support infrastructure to rectify failures and performance bottlenecks.
As a Automation Engineer you will have HBO+ or higher thinking and working level and several years in Ops and Dev.
- Kubernetes, Docker, docker-compose), GIT (bitbucket en github flow)
- CI/CD on bases of DTAP (Delivery now, goal is Deployment)
- a DevOps test mindset (TDD, Unit and Integration testing)
- a Unix mindset, infra knowledge (Linux) and basic networking knowledge
- our Automation Engineer understands and write Bash scripts
Very nice to have
- Java (Spring)
Nice to have
- Microservices (experience in building and/or running them)
What we offer besides the usual package, is an open workspace full of smart and pragmatic people with a straightforward communication style. The environment is small enough for you to be recognized for your achievements, yet the company is big enough to offer opportunities, also outside the Netherlands. We look honestly at ourselves and try to learn from our mistakes. There is good coffee, regular chocolate and a communal lunch for all employees including the Management team. Both Philips and Forcare aim to improve the lives of billions of people. This is your opportunity to be part of that.