|Inlichtingen bij:||Brigitte Dam|
To further strengthen the EMEA team there is a vacancy for a Firmware Engineer who will directly strengthen the application engineering team as a technical engineer for the Remote Control Unit (RCU) products.
You will assist in capturing and clarifying product requirements to estimate the schedule and complexity of the work for the initial RFQ. Similarly, you will assist and support proof-of-concept products, field trials at customer site, troubleshooting and integration efforts and any other technical support required by customer and/or application engineering team.
The Firmware Engineer works in a cross functional team and reports to the Firmware Director (RCU) in the USA.
You have a BS or MS in computer science/Electronics/Telecommunication engineering or related field and 5+ years’ experience in either a technical support engineering or FAE role with development AND 2-3 years C programming experience in the embedded systems.
As a Firmware Engineer you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, collaborative skills, crossfunctional interface skills, analytical skills and problem solving capabilities. Still here? You can work in multiple projects (some with deadlines) and are able to to effectively present technical concepts, ideas and information in terms that both engineersand non-engineers can understand. Last but not least you’re willing to travel to the USA (for training) and in Europe (customer visits).
- Previous experience in embedded software development and/or software field application working with embedded STB customer is a plus.
- Ability to analyze the Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) communication between central and peripheral device.
- In depth knowledge of the development tools and technologies (e.g. BLE/Rf4CE/ZigBee) a plus.
- Broad background in product development from concept through development into high volume production.
- In depth understanding of microprocessor architecture (ARM), interface technologies (USB, UART, SPI, I2C), and IR (infra-red).
- Experience with scripting languages and for test automation (Perl, Python or similar).
- Experience with Firmware debug skills with tools such as JTAG/serial debugger, protocol analyzer and oscilloscopes.
- Experience in consumer electronics product development, especially hand-held devices.
Be part of a Team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, Engineers and Designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop one’s self and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization.
Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ: UEIC) is the worldwide leader in universal control and sensing technologies for the smart home. UEI deliver products (hardware and software) to the world’s leading brands in the audio video, subscription broadcasting, connected home, tablet and smart phone markets. With a global network of design and development services, UEI’s many first-to-market innovations have helped transform the home entertainment control industry over the past 25 years.
Getting enthusiastic about the vacancy Firmware Engineer at Universal Electronics in Enschede? Apply directly by filling in the application form at the right of your screen. Please contact Marcel de Jong at phone number +31 20 612 00 81 if you have any questions regarding this vacancy.