Senior Data Warehouse Developer
Marcel De Jong
|Inlichtingen bij:||Marcel De Jong|
The opportunity to make a difference, working on the cutting edge of IT in the container terminal sector.
Senior Data Warehouse Developer
To make sure we remain one step ahead at all times, we are currently looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Developer.
As Senior Data Warehouse (DWH) Developer you will further develop our Data Warehouse. With your expertise you help to lift the existing Data Warehouse to a higher level and ensure it is future proof. You design and create data models, ETL processes, prepare implementations and support implementation and testing. As a senior you give support, guidance and coaching to the other DWH developers on the team. You advise the team and determine the right technology in a constructive way.
Your key responsibilities:
- Contribute to improvement of the structure, design and development of the DHW architecture;
- Evaluate the current DWH architecture and – where necessary – design and implement adjustments;
- Design and model parts of the DWH and develop required ETL;
- Automate and optimize various processes within the DWH;
- Develop and implement new solutions within our to-be “state-of-the-art business intelligence;
- Supply the technical design and conduct a review on them for accuracy, completeness and consistency;
- Provide reports and dashboards;
- Support system management and Business with regards to functional requests or technical problems;
- Maintenance of the DWH environment.
Who we are looking for
- At least a bachelor / master degree (e.g. applied computer science)
- At least 7 years’ experience as a DWH Developer and architect or BI consultant;
- Thorough knowledge in the field of BI and DWH concepts;
- Experience with BI and DWH modeling techniques;
- Experience with the creation and development of complex data warehouses;
- Thorough experience with databases (MS SQL Server) is a pré;
- Experience with BI reporting tools (MS SSRS / SSAS, MicroStrategy) is a pré;
- Experience with ETL tooling (such as MS SSIS) is a pré;
- Customer-oriented, open and proactive attitude;
- Ability to advise on management level;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both in word and in writing.
- a key role in a highly innovative, fast paced and international environment.
- the opportunity to make a difference, working on the cutting edge of IT in the container terminal sector.
- an open and engaging working environment.
- ample opportunities for personal and professional growth.
APM Terminals (25k professionals across 64 countries) offers the global shipping community a geographically balanced, integrated Global Port, Terminal and Inland Services Network which includes 55 operating container facilities in 34 countries with 16 new terminal development or expansion projects underway, along with 131 Inland Services locations in 49 countries.
APM Terminals Maasvlakte II is a fully automated container terminal, equipped with the most advanced, sustainable technology available within their sector. This terminal one of the most client focused, innovative and technologically advanced in the world.
Fully automated means the IT department plays a key role, setting a new standard for APM and the sector. IT forms the backbone of the terminal, ensuring a maximal performance of systems and a smooth and timely exchange of data required to support, run and optimize a fully automated terminal.
Getting enthusiastic about the vacancy Senior Data Warehouse Developer at APM Terminals in Maastvlakte Rotterdam? Apply directly by filling in the application form at the right of your screen. Please contact Marcel de Jong at phone number +31 20 612 00 81 if you have any questions regarding this vacancy.